This site employs cookies, for both technical and profiling reasons.

If you continue browsing, it means you accept their use. Show detailed info

I accept

fbtwytin

Choose language:

turiste con gelato

The following question, which is one of the most frequently asked at the information offices, is: How can I reach Pisa or Siena or the seaside from Florence?

In the city there are many agencies that sell organized tours for these destinations, which are quite close and can be easily reached and visited for a daily trip.

i lungarni di pisa

You can also find these destinations listed on this website under the item and selecting > guided tours > Florence. However, it is possible to enjoy individual excursions, with a minimum of organization and information regarding public transport.

Siena can be easily reached from Florence thanks to the frequent Busitalia buses, whose station is in via Santa Caterina da Siena. The trip takes about one hour and the ticket for the fast route costs € 7.80 (outward journeys, the same cost applies to return ones).

With regard to Pisa, instead, the easiest way is to catch one of the several trains that reach the city of the Leaning Tower in an hour. The ticket costs € 8,40. Since these are regional trains, it is important to stamp the ticket on the platforms before boarding the train.

The seaside: many tourists ask for information about the Cinque Terre (Literally: Five Lands, five fishing villages on the Italian Riviera, region Liguria), which are not in Tuscany! In order to reach them, it is necessary to arrive at La Spezia by train and, from there, another railway line passes from “Land” to “Land”.

As regards the Tuscan coast, the nearest seaside from Florence is Viareggio and the Versilia, which can be equally be reached by train in 80 minutes. The ticket costs € 9.60.

Published: 1/9/2016

Learn more

Accommodations Accommodations
Events Events
Historic business Historic business
Natural reserves Natural reserves
Place of interest Place of interest
Services and useful information Services and useful information
Shopping Shopping
Things to do Things to do
Where to eat Where to eat